Terms and Conditions
Payment for items from the online collection will be made via the secure STRIPE shopping cart which accepts many major credit and debit cards.
Once your commission has been discussed and an estimated quote issued with a design drawing (if applicable), an invoice for a 50% non-refundable deposit will be sent to you via email. When the commission is ready, the balance payment must be paid including the cost for P+P (if applicable as orders over £250 are delivered free of charge) before the item is dispatched. NB: The quote and design drawing fee will be included in the overall cost of the commission, however if you choose not to proceed with the commission at the time you are invoiced for the 50% non-refundable deposit, you will still be invoiced separately for the time taken to produce the quote and the design drawing.
Methods of payment for commissions and custom orders: CHEQUE (made payable to ‘Julia Thompson’), or ONLINE BANK TRANSFER (account details will be provided in the invoice).
As the price of silver and gold constantly fluctuates, prices on the website are subject to change. Please allow for a potential increase in the stated online price of a piece of jewellery if you request an adjustment or addition to the piece when ordering.
The Right to Cancel
You may legally cancel your order up to the point of despatch for items which have not been handmade to order or commissioned, and up to the point of processing (after payment is received but work has not commenced) for items which have been commissioned.
Kindly note that monetary gift vouchers must be used within 12 months of purchase, are not redeemable for cash and cannot be used at any of my stockists. Workshop or course gift vouchers must be claimed within 6 months via selecting and booking a date on the relevant Eventbrite workshop or course webpage.
- All gift vouchers will be posted via Royal Mail special delivery in attractive sustainable luxury packaging.
- Please allow 3-5 working days within the UK and up to 14 days rest of world to receive your gift voucher.
- Monetary gift vouchers equating to £250 and over will be despatched free of charge within the UK.
- Saturday Workshops booked via Eventbrite are on a first come first basis and are non-refundable after a 14 day period of purchase.
- Any refunds given within the first 14 days are subject to the Eventbrite booking fee.
- Should we have to cancel the Saturday Workshop for any reason, we will offer you the option of an alternative workshop date or return all money paid minus the Eventbrite booking fee.
Weekend Workshops & Evening Courses
- Bookings for the 10 Week Silver Jewellery Evening Course or Round Silver Pill Box Weekend Workshop can only be confirmed after receipt of a non-refundable 50% booking deposit via an emailed invoice.
- The course / workshop fee balance should be paid at least four weeks before the course / workshop starts for which you’ll be invoiced again, or paid in full if booking 4 weeks or less before the start of the course / workshop.
- Should we have to cancel the course / workshop or a part of a course / workshop (i.e. one evening out of 10 where the evening course is concerned) for any reason, we will return all money paid for the course / workshop or part of a course / workshop that is cancelled against your will by us.
- If you cancel your booking after making full payment, we would make every effort to fill your place, but reserve the right to retain fees paid if we are unsuccessful.
Wedding / Civil Partnership Ring Courses
Like a Commissioned piece of jewellery, the Wedding / Civil Partnership Day Course is a bespoke and unique tailored service that is designed around you as a couple.
- Bookings for your Wedding / Civil Partnership Ring Day Course can only be confirmed after receipt of a non-refundable 50% booking deposit.
- The course fee balance should be paid at least four weeks before your course starts for which you’ll be invoiced again, or paid in full if booking 4 weeks or less before the start of your course.
- Should we have to cancel your course for any reason, we will make every effort to reorganise a new date for you prior to your wedding or civil partnership ceremony free of charge and if unsuccessful we will return all money paid.
- If you cancel your booking after making full payment, we will make every effort to reorganise a new date for you prior to your wedding or civil partnership ceremony for an extra admin fee, but reserve the right to retain all fees paid if we are unsuccessful.